Wednesday, January 5, 2011

For Life Mist Refrigerator Tea Pitcher


Tin Roof Teas received a shipment of these pitchers several weeks before the holidays, and I only recently had an opportunity to use mine. You can mix your first pitcher by the instructions, and then adjust to your tastes. I brewed my first one but I discovered two issues. One, I like sugar...and two, I like it stronger. The second pitcher I measured ten heaping teaspoons and I made a simple sugar of 1/2 cup sugar to 1 cup water...boiled just until sugar melted. Sometimes I slice an orange, pineapple, or lemon to flavor the sugar...I bore easy which is why I keep at least 25 different teas from Tin Roof Teas at home all the time. I brew the tea in the refrigerator and then pour it through the included filter into another pitcher. You don't have to do it that way but I add my simple syrup and the For Life pitcher makes enough tea for us for two days. I wouldn't leave the tea leaves in the pitcher for two days.


My family has become addicted to this way of brewing tea. I make the pitcher before I leave for work and it is ready for dinner that night. The tea is naturally sweet and the fruit in many of the teas releases its sweetness without the acid. The tea is very smooth when it is prepared this way. I don't miss the old Southern way of boiling, steeping, and sweetening.

No comments:

Post a Comment